Ughhh, we have all heard this term uttered in our lives before. Usually, and hopefully, it is aimed at some loser of a person that we would never want to associate ourselves with anyways. However, every once in a while, I end as “one of those people.” It is not a badge that I wear proudly or try and shrug off either. See, by being “one of those people,” we, as a person, already accept the shame and ridicule that goes along with it. On the plus side, we are okay with it. We know how to have those witty comebacks that spark a little debate or at the very least provoke a thought or two in the person challenging us. Some of the times we just do not care at all about the outside world, because gosh dang it, we don’t want to be “one of those people” that constantly complains about “one of those people” types of people. It’s like the deal that George Costanza had with the birds. They get out of our way when we drive by and we look the other way when they crap on the statue.
Now, I will admit, that there are plenty of people out there that will never be one of those people. We can call them sophisticated. But for the most part, almost everyone one of us has a little “one of those people” sides to us. Here are just a few of my special attributes that I am neither proud of nor ashamed of.
1. I like to eat the free continental breakfast offered at the hotel I am not staying at
2. I take a few extra napkins every time I eat fast food, just because I am too lazy to buy my own
3. I complain when the vending machine eats my dollar, but run off as fast as possible when the machine accidentally drops 2 Snicker’s bars instead of the 1 that I paid for (I deserved it, right?)
4. (Insert condiment name here) packets, yeah I stuff my pockets with those as well
5. I refuse to use arm signals when I know that my blinker light is out (I don’t remember them anyways, thanks Driver’s Ed.)
6. I keep my phone on Level 8 in church, and justify it by thinking, “Hey, what if it’s an emergency?”
7. I give people angry glares when their phone goes off in church, “Really? Who would call you in an emergency?”
8. Crop dusting…
9. I take the last two mini-sandwiches on a platter, I assume more is coming
Those are just a few of my habits. Please share yours! So we can add to this list!